This digital book provides teaching tips for BLASTing Through the Kingdom of Life and walks through how to find the answers to questions in the worksheet for each of the 17 unknown sequences in the data set.
Get the interactive teachers guide for BLASTing Through the Kingdom of Life today!
OR visit our TPT store to get the PDF version of the teachers guide.
Learn how to:
- Do a BLAST search with multiple sequences at once and store your results
- Interpret the BLAST graph
- Interpret the BLAST statistics table
- Learn how to interpret alignments
- Learn how to use the Taxonomy browser to identify the phylum
- Learn how to use Unigene to determine where sequences are expressed
- Learn how to use the sequence viewer to identify a sequence when it's part of a genome
BLASTing Through the Kingdom of Life: A Teachers Guide was developed in part with funding from the National Science Foundation (DUE 1400721). Any opinions, findings, conclusions, or recommendations expressed on this website are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views, opinions, or policy of the National Science Foundation.