This video shows how we used the Molecule World iPad app to make an image of a folded insulin peptide. Protein folding brings the amino acid at the beginning of the protein chain near the amino acid at the other end.
The steps are:
1. Change to rainbow coloring to see the orientation of the protein chains. Rainbow coloring shows the protein chain in the colors of the rainbow (Red Orange Yellow Green Indigo Violet).
2. Show the amino acid sequences for the proteins.
3. Select one of the chains.
4. Hide the other chains. This makes it easier to focus on the way a single chain folds.
5. Change the drawing style to tubes. This makes it easier to see the overall orientation of the chain.