There was a time when molecular models could only be viewed with high-performance computers and complicated software.
Today, scientists of all ages can use Molecule World™ to explore thousands of fascinating biological and chemical structures easily on an iPad®.
Molecule World puts over a hundred thousand structures of proteins, DNA, RNA, and other chemicals at your fingertips!
Get the Molecule World iPad app today!
You can use Molecule World to:
- View sequences of proteins and nucleic acids
- Show, dim, or hide any part of a molecular model
- View disulfide bonds
- Use rainbow coloring to show orientation and protein folding
Teachers & College professors - Please note: You can get a substantial discount if you buy 20 copies or more, see Apple's Volume Purchasing Program for more details.
- A set of popular protein, DNA, RNA, and chemical structures for biology teaching that include hemoglobin, antibodies, restriction enzymes, tRNA, caffeine, and more.
- View molecular and chemical structures in 3D
- Manipulate structures easily with your fingertips
- Color structures by molecule, residue, or chemical properties
- Draw structures as ball & stick models, space fill models, or tubes
- Use the color key to identify residues or properties
- Work with structures from the NCBI, PDB, and PubChem in Cn3D, PDB, and SDF formats
Take a look!
Take a look at our blog post, Molecule World combines art, science, and the joy of discovery, for some fun ideas and things to do with 23S ribosomal RNA. With Molecule World, you can learn about chemistry, biochemistry, and molecular biology through hands-on exploration with 3D molecules.
Questions about using Molecule World? See Molecule World questions.
Molecule World™ was developed with funding from the National Science Foundation (SBIR IIP 1315426). Any opinions, findings, conclusions, or recommendations expressed on this website are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views, opinions, or policy of the National Science Foundation.